Enrollment for the 2021-2022 School Year
Children who turn six years old on or before September 1st, 2021 are required to attend school starting in the 2021-2022 school year and must be registered for school by their parents or guardians. Registration takes place through the process of school enrollment (Schuleinschreibung), which includes a determination of school readiness.
Dates for School Enrollment 2021-2022:
January 11th – 15th, 2020 (VBS Orientation Talks and School Readiness Test)
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:30am – 1:00pm
Tuesday from 8:30am – 12:00 noon and from 2:00 – 5:00pm
Friday from 8:30am – 12:00 noon
January 18th – 22nd, 2020 (School Enrollment for ROMI, Arco Iris, & Mehrsprachige Alphabetisierung)
ROMI Multi-Age Class: Monday from 9:00am – 12:00 noon
Arco Iris Spanish Language Project: Tuesday from 8:20am – 12:00 noon and from 2:00 – 5:00pm
Thursday from 8:20am – 1:00pm
Mehrsprachige Alphabetisierung: Wednesday from 8:20am – 1:00pm
Friday from 8:20am – 12:oo noon
We must inform you that registration does not guarantee a place in school, or in any specific school program. Official enrollment will only take place after confirmation by the district school inspector.
Please bring your child with you to the school registration!
- Proof of residence (invitation to school enrollment or residence registration form)
- Child’s birth certificate
- Proof of citizenship (e.g., a passport)
- Documentation of the child’s social security number (e-card)
- Confirmation of kindergarten attendence
- In case after-school care is required: Employment verification and a completed Notification of Need for After Care form
We’re looking forward to meeting you and your child!